Installation, Maintenance, and Care of Cement Tile [67 KB]
Installation, Maintenance, and Care of Cement Tile [HTML]
Cement Tile Care
- After installation has been completed and the grout has dried thoroughly wash the tiles with mild soap and plenty of water.
- As with natural stone products, cement tiles are porous in nature and should be sealed to avoid staining.
- After the tiles have completely dried apply a penetrating sealer using a sponge. Always follow the instruction of the sealer's manufacturer. FILA manufactures a full line of sealers and cleaners for cement tiles (www.filachim.com).
- Some sealers will enhance the color of the tiles. Test the sealer in a small portion before applying.
- Reapply periodically as per the sealer manufacturer's instructions.
Cement Tile Maintenance
- Cement tiles should be regularly moped with clear water. A capful of liquid wax may be added to the water to improve the tiles'natural sheen.
- Never use acids to clean the tiles as they will damage it.