Last year, I reported that for the "first time in three years, a white tile was not our top seller!" That trend continues in 2013; but, white is still a strong contender. In 2013, Avente was sourced for a record number of commercial projects which certainly impacted the top of the sales list. Our top selling tile was tied in the #1 and #2 spots by the same cement tile pattern and colorway: Bayahibe in black and white and the Cluny C. Here's the list!
Top Selling Tiles of 2013
- Classic Cluny C 8" x 8" Patterned Cement Tile in Black & White
- Traditional Bayahibe Cement Tile 8" x 8" (Black & White Colorway)
- Mission Trebol B 8" x 8" Patterned Cement Tile in Black & White.
- Classic LaRochelle - A 8" x 8" Handmade Cement Tile
- Mission Plain White 8" x 8" Cement Tile
- Heritage Olive Green 14" x 14" Cement Tile
- Bruselas B 8" x 8" Cement Tile
- Arabesque Aragon Spanish Paver Cement Tile
- Malibu Carrillo B 6" x 6" Hand Painted Ceramic Tile
- Cuban Heritage Cross Design 110 2B 8" x 8" Handmade Cement Tile
- Cuban Heritage Medallion Design 110 2B 8" x 8" Handmade Cement Tile
- Malibu Latigo A 6" x 6" Hand Painted Ceramic Tile
- Arabesque Sintra Spanish Paver Handmade Cement Tile
Cement Tiles Remain PopularAs you can see, cement tiles dominate our top-selling tile list, with our new Malibu ceramic tile line making two appearances. I think cement tiles will continue to become increasingly popular - especially with the design community because:
- Cement tiles provide stunning designs with straight-forward installation and minimal maintenance.
- Existing patterns can be easily customized with a myriad of colors.
- New patterns can be created and customized for minimal costs.
Top Selling Tiles from Previous YearsHere's a look at top selling cement and ceramic tiles from previous years.
Bill Buyok, Avente Tile